Orchard Vet's Blog
Coronavirus guidance for clients
With the increased concern about the spread of Coronavirus, Orchard Vets are committed to keeping our clients and staff safe while maintaining the same level of care for our furry friends.
To reduce the chance of spreading infection, please can you observe the following guidelines when visiting us:
- If you have (i) a new continuous cough, or (ii) a high temperature, or (iii) you have recently been in contact with someone who has been confirmed as having COVID-19, please follow the Government's advice and self-isolate
Visiting our surgeries
- If you are self-isolating and need to visit us, please inform us by telephone so that we can decide together how best to look after your pet. You may need to find a friend or relative who can bring your pet in for you. We can always take histories and other details from you over the phone.
- On arrival, to reduce the number of clients mixing in the waiting room, please remain in your car and telephone reception who will check you in and then call you back when the vet is ready.
- whenever possible, please limit the number of people attending the surgery to one.
- When entering any of our surgeries, please use the sanitiser provided at reception to disinfect your hands.
- We would encourage customers to pay by card, rather than cash.
There is currently no evidence that companion animals can spread COVID-19, but it is always advisable to wash your hands with soap and water after contact with your pets and we would encourage our clients to do so.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we introduce these measures. By making small changes we can help ensure that our practices remain adequately staffed and that our more vulnerable clients are not placed at risk.§